Shock World Service 071:
Mix for Milarepa by ELLLL
20/9/17 Cork, Ireland
1. Eliane Radigue - Mila’s Song in the Rain
Queen of meditative drone.
2. Black Merlin - Somewhere in Ubud
Taken from ‘Hipnotik Tradisi'. Washes of Gamelan and field recordings with sinister and broody hues.
3. Dickie Landry - Fifteen Saxophones
An intense densely layered, free flowing study using tape delays.
4. Minced Oath - Quelle Décalotage
Soft, warm, shimmering pools of sound.
5. Holger Czukay - Longing for Daydreams
Apt title for clever use of sampling to lull the listener into a trance like state.
6. Midori Takada - Mr. Henri Rousseau’s Dream
Percussionist and composer Takada melds traditional African and Asian motifs to form a delicate, airy narrative in homage to post-impressionist painter Henri Rousseau.
7. Haruomi Hosono - Growth
Slightly uneasy yet stoic extract taken from ‘Watering a Flower’, a series of compositions commissioned to be played as background music in household goods store, Muji in 1983.
8. Andrea Belfi - Statico
An abstract composition for drums, percussion and synthesiser. From the 2017 record ‘Alveare’.
9. ASDA - Bells
Noise by Sebastian Gainsborough (Vessel) and words Chester Giles.
10. Holger Czukay - Floatspace
An ethereal cloud to carry you away.
11. Patricia Escudero - Gymnopedie I
Unique interpretation of Erik Satie’s ‘Gymnopedie I’.
12. Giusto Pio - Motore Immobile
Stunning piece of 1970’s Italian minimalist composition.
13. Nadia Khan - Milky Sweat
Taken from ‘Open Interior’ on Where to Now?
14. Johann Johannsson - Melodia (III)
Distant piano solo vignette from the album ‘Fordlandia’